Happy belated memorial day. I put the finishing touches on the latest MarcEdit update. It includes a number of enhancements. Here’s the list:
- Enhancement: Call number generator will now test oclc numbers as keywords to catch oclc numbers that have been merged and turned into cross references (019).
- Enhancement: MARC SQL Explorer — hardcoded field names in the MYSQL implementation have been removed.
- Enhancement: Support for MARCXML=>MARC export added in the MARC SQL Explorer.
- Cosmetic: Added differentiated language between tasks (individual operations) and Task List (the list of tasks). This distinction is made in the Manage Tasks Window.
- Enhancement: Export Tab Delimited Function — if the field is a control field, you can now use the start:length format to extract specific bytes/byte ranges from the field.
- Enhancement: Delimited Text Translator can now add constant data without being paired to a field.
- Enhancement: Batch OAI Harvester (create jobs, run jobs, etc.).
- Enhancement: Added ISO 5426 to the Character Conversion tool (can convert from ISO-5426 to UTF8 [and others])
I’ll be posting a youtube video tomorrow (I’ll like here) on how the new batch tool works.
You can get the update through the auto update tool, or from: