It’s been about 3 months since the last MarcEdit, so hopefully this one will be worth it. Over those 3 months, I’ve been working on a few new tools, the biggest enhancement being the RDA Helper. I’ve included information about that tool at: MarcEdit 5.8: Introducing the RDA Helper. In addition to the RDA Helper, the following changes have been made:
- Enhancement: Preference addition – always save (compile to MARC) in UTF8 in the MarcEditor
- Bug Fix: MARC SQL Explorer – Update to include 00x fields
- Enhancement: MARC SQL Explorer – Expanded Schema Option
The Expanded schema option gives users the option to break records into multiple tables to better address data.
- Enhancement: Added XML to XML conversion to the MarcEdit command-line tool: cmarcedit.exe. For information on how the command-line tool functions, please see: Using the Command-Line tool
- New Feature: RDA Helper
MarcEdit 5.8: Introducing the RDA Helper
- The RDA Helper is an in development tool that provides the ability to RDA’ize AACR2 records. The function allows users to select from a broad range of RDA field options.
- RDA Helper includes automatic GMD generation
- Bug Fix: Edit 006/008 updated to include continuing resources
You can get the downloads through the automatic update tool or by downloading the data directly from:
- 32-bit version: http://people.oregonstate.edu/~reeset/marcedit/software/development/MarcEdit_Setup.msi
- 64-bit version: http://people.oregonstate.edu/~reeset/marcedit/software/development/MarcEdit_Setup64.msi
Finally, for those that maybe be early Windows 8 adopters, you will have no problems installing and running MarcEdit 5.8. It installs and runs like any normal Windows desktop program.