This is a light update that includes three enhancements and a couple of bug fixes:
- Enhancement: Task Manager – I’ve included the ability to add a task to a task. This allows you to chain tasks together, essentially allowing for the creation of a library of tasks. You can read more information about this function here: http://blog.reeset.net/archives/1144
- Enhancement: Task Manager – Import/Export Tasks. While MarcEdit has a section specifically for sharing your configuration information in mass, I added this enhancement to make it easier to share specific tasks (since I think that this is likely the kind of data that would be shared most often). Hopefully, this makes it easier for folks within their institutions and on the MarcEdit Listserv to share tasks. Note, imported tasks that reference other task lists will break. The file names change on import to prevent overwriting existing tasks on the system.
- Enhancement: Merge Records tool: You can use the Merge records tool to merge duplicate data into a single record, but only using a control number. I haven’t implemented this option when using the MARC21 matching option. That is a much more complicated process.
- Bug Fix: RDA Helper – the 336 was creating a $c instead of $2 when it fell through to the default output when specific data was missing.
- Bug Fix: Delimited Text Translator – when Joining an item, if the last column joined is blank, it can incorrectly join the adjacent field data. This has been corrected.
- Behavior Change: When you add the copy field to a task – there was a message box generated showing completion. This would stop the task process till addressed. I’ve changed the behavior so that when run as a task, the message boxes are suppressed.
Download the new update from:
- 32-bit version: http://people.oregonstate.edu/~reeset/marcedit/software/development/MarcEdit_Setup.msi
- 64-bit version: http://people.oregonstate.edu/~reeset/marcedit/software/development/MarcEdit_Setup64.msi