MarcEdit 5.9 Update
I have been working hard over the past week to close a couple of outstanding issues with the application. The biggest of those issues is related to the Find/Find All function. While making some changes a few weeks ago, it appears that I introduced a bug. I’ve been working off-line with a few folks that have been helping me debug the issue and it appears that I’ve been able to isolate and correct the issue. The following changes have been made:
- Bug Fix: Find/Find All – Regular Expressions were resulting in “Text Not Found” and Boundary errors. This has been corrected.
- Bug Fix: Find/Find All – The Find process has become incredibly slow due to some of the enhancements made to help the program jump directly to the found text when using Find All. The culprit was an inefficient loop, which has been corrected.
- Bug Fix: Find/Find All – When searching, and then moving the cursor and searching again, the program wouldn’t reset where the search would begin. This has been corrected.
- Enhancement: Find/Find All – I’ve added a directional component. You can now search up and down the record while using Find.
- Enhancement: RDA Helper – I’ve added support for the automatic generation of multiple 380 fields when the data to create those elements is available.
- Enhancement: Console Program – I’ve added an –xml switch to allow for the processing of data from MARCXML to other XML schemas.
You can pick up the new build from:
- 32-bit: http://people.oregonstate.edu/~reeset/marcedit/software/development/MarcEdit_Setup.msi
- 64-bit: http://people.oregonstate.edu/~reeset/marcedit/software/development/MarcEdit_Setup64.msi