I’ve posted a new update to MarcEdit. Change list is as follows:
- Enhancement: Add_Field_Stream API — Added character encoding typing to ensure compatibility with script languages.
- Enhancement: Delete_Field_Stream API — Added character encoding typing to ensure compatibility with script languages.
- Enhancement: Added enhanced error checking code and debugging options to OCLC functions.
- Enhancement: Added option to use RDA encoded work forms for users using MarcEdit to create new records.
To utilize the new RDA work forms, you need to check a new option in the MarcEdit Preferences. Open the Preference window, select MarcEditor Preferences, and Check the Use RDA Templates option (see below). Then click OK. When you select a new record template from within the MarcEditor, the program will utilize the RDA template for the material type if available.
The update can be downloaded via the automatic updating tool, or at:
- 32-bit: http://marcedit.reeset.net/software/MarcEdit_Setup.msi
- 64-bit: http://marcedit.reeset.net/software/MarcEdit_Setup64.msi