As I’ve been putting together a CONTENTdm interface to our EAD records, I’ve been using the NWDA’s website as a template…the idea being that users working within our site could start local and then move out to the regional database and still see a like interface with like functionality. However, this has meant doing some additional modification to the CONTENTdm file structure. CONTENTdm’s file structure, by default, utilizes a template-based system. However, the template-based system is build around a global template structure. In our own local system, I’ve removed the need for the majority of the global files — but handling the item_viewer, browse and results templates can be a pain since CONTENTdm assumes that the only two template files can be modified directly and really only makes accommedation for two templates. There are other problems as well — but I’ve found that they can be fairly easily fixed by adding a few lines of code at the top of the file to check for local copies of these template files. By doing that, I’ve found I can modify just about any template file without having to make any changes to the master template files — which is really what I’m looking for. Anyway, here’s a look at the revised websites. Browse by title and you will see a browse template that is not currently available in CONTENTdm, but fills our need. (OSU CONTENTdm EAD Collection Website).