Latest update has been posted. The following has been fixed:
- Bug Fix: Delimited Text Translator — The Edit LDR, Load Template, and AutoGenerate buttons were not responding. This has been corrected.
- Bug Fix: MARCCompare — when processing data with improperly formatted mnemonic data, the program doesn’t correctly trap the generated formatting error.
- Bug Fix: Edit Field Data: When processing control fields by position, the replacement would generate duplicate data.
- Bug Fix: MARC Tools — the MARC8 and UTF8 conversion checkbox would become grayed out when selecting new functions from the function list.
- Bug Fix: Task Lists — The Delete Subfield Text task wasn’t respecting the option to delete the entire subfield option.
- Performance Fix: Re-did the paging code so that for files under 50 MBs, the program utilizes a different, faster method of reading data. This method utilizes more memory because data processing happens in memory rather than on disk, but this gives a 50 to 75% improvement in speed over the past method.
- Bug Fix: Classify Tool — when processing dates, if the 008 wasn’t present, the program wouldn’t capture date information from the 260 or 264.
- Enhancement: Classify Tool — The program now utilizes prefixes within the control number to eliminate false control number matches.
- Bug Fix: Merge Records Tool — when merging on the 035, the program wasn’t properly normalizing all data for matching.
You can get the update automatically or from the download page at: http://marcedit.reeset.net/downloads