Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating. Rather than over indulging in food, my family and I spent our day relaxing and enjoying some down time together. After everyone went to bed, I had a little free time and decided to wrap up the update I’ve been working on. This update includes the following changes:
- Language File changes.
- Export/Delete Selected Records: UI changes
- Biblinker — updated the tool to provide support for linking to FAST headings when available in the record
- Updated the fields processed (targeted to ignore uncontrolled or local items)
- Z39.50 Client — Single Search, multiple databases selected bug when number of results exceed data limit, blank data would be returned.
- RDA Helper Bug Fix — Updated an error where under certain conditions, bracketed data would be incorrectly parsed.
- Miscellaneous UI changes to support language changes
The Language file changes represent a change in how internationalization of the interface works. Master language files are now hosted on GItHub, with new files added on update. The language files are automatically generated, so they are not as good as if they were done by an individual – though some individuals are looking at the files and providing updates. My hope is that through this process of automated language generation, coupled with human intervention, the new system will significantly help non-English speakers. But I guess time will tell.
The download can be found by using the automated update tool in MarcEdit, or downloading the update from: http://marcedit.reeset.net/downloads/