MarcEdit 6 Update Posted

By reeset / On / In Uncategorized

A new update has been posted.  The changes are noted below:

  • Enhancement: Installation changes – for administrators, the program will now allow for quite installations and an option to prevent users from enabling automated updates.  Some IT admins have been asking for this for a while.  The installation program will take an command-line option: autoupdate=no, to turn this off.  The way this is disabled (since MarcEdit manages individual profiles) is a file will be created into the program directory that if present, will present automatic updates.  This file will be removed (or not recreated) if this command-line isn’t set – so users doing automated installations will need to remember to always set this value if they wish to prevent this option from being enabled.  I’ve also added a not in the Preferences window noting if the administrator has disabled the option.
  • Bug Fix: Swap Field Task List – one of the limiters wasn’t being passed (the process one field per swap limiter)
  • Bug Fix: Edit Field Task List – when editing a control field, the positions text box wasn’t being shown. 
  • Bug Fix: Edit Field Regular Expression options – when editing control fields, the edit field function evaluated the entire field data – not just the items to be edited.  So, if I wanted to use a regular expression to evaluate two specific values, I couldn’t.  This has been corrected.
  • Enhancement: Linked Data Linker – added support for FAST headings. 
  • Bug Fix: Linked Data Linker – when processing data against LC’s id.loc.gov, some of the fuzzy matching was causing values to be missed.  I’ve updated the normalization to correct this.
  • Enhancement: Edit Subfield Data – Moving Field data – an error can occur if the field having data moved to is a control field, and the control field is smaller than the position where the data should be moved to.  An error check has been added to ensure this error doesn’t pop up.
  • Bug Fix: Auto Translation Plug-in – updated code because some data was being dropped on translation, meaning that it wouldn’t show up in the records.

Update can be found at: http://marcedit.reeset.net/downloads or via the automated updating tool.  The plug-in updates can be downloaded via the Plug-in Manager within the MarcEdit Application.

–tr