MarcEdit Mac users, a new preview update has been made available. This is getting pretty close to the first “official” version of the Mac version. And for those that may have forgotten, the preview designation will be removed on Sept. 1, 2015.
So what’s been done since the last update? Well, I’ve pretty much completed the last of the work that was scheduled for the first official release. At this point, I’ve completed all the planned work on the MARC Tools and the MarcEditor functions. For this release, I’ve completed the following:
** 1.0.9 ChangeLog
- Bug Fix: Opening Files — you cannot select any files but a .mrc extension. I’ve changed this so the open dialog can open multiple file types.
- Bug Fix: MarcEditor — when resizing the form, the filename in the status can disappear.
- Bug Fix: MarcEditor — when resizing, the # of records per page moves off the screen.
- Enhancement: Linked Data Records — Tool provides the ability to embed URI endpoints to the end of 1xx, 6xx, and 7xx fields.
- Enhancement: Linked Data Records — Tool has been added to the Task Manager.
- Enhancement: Generate Control Numbers — globally generates control numbers.
- Enhancement: Generate Call Numbers/Fast Headings – globally generated call numbers/fast headings for selected records.
- Enhancement: Edit Shortcuts — added back the tool to enabled Record Marking via a comment.
Over the next month, I’ll be working on trying to complete four other components prior to the first “official” release Sept. 1. This means that I’m anticipating at least 1, maybe 2 more large preview releases before Sept. 1, 2015. The four items I’ll be targeting for completion will be:
- Export Tab Delimited Records Feature — this feature allows users to take MARC data and create delimited files (often for reporting or loading into a tool like Excel).
- Delimited Text Translator — this feature allows users to generate MARC records from a delimited file. The Mac version will not, at least initially, be able to work with Excel or Access data. The tool will be limited to working with delimited data.
- Update Preferences windows to expose MarcEditor preferences
- OCLC Metadata Framework integration…specifically, I’d like to re-integrate the holdings work and the batch record download.
How do you get the preview? If you have the current preview installed, just open the program and as long as you have the notifications turned on – the program will notify that an update is available. Download the update, and install the new version. If you don’t have the preview installed, just go to: http://marcedit.reeset.net/downloads and select the Mac app download.
If you have any questions, let me know.