Over the past month, I’ve been working hard to make a few MarcEdit Changes. These changes will be released on 1/3/2016. This update will include a version number change to 6.2. This update will have the following changes:
- Bug Fix: RDA Helper — 260/264 changes were sometimes not happening when running across specific 260$c formatting.
- Bug Fix: MARCValidator: Validator was crashing when records would go beyond 150,000 bytes. This has been corrected.
- Bug Fix: Build Links Tool — MESH headings were utilizing older syntax and occasionally missing values.
- Bug Fix: Tutorials Link pointed to dead endpoint. Corrected.
- Bug Fix: 006/007 Menu Selection: The incorrect for is being selected when selecting the Serial and cartographic materials.
- Bug Fix: Validation Headings tool: When checking Automatically Correct variants, the embed URIs tool is automatically selected. This has been corrected.
- Bug Fix: MarcEditor Find: When selecting edit query, the find box goes to the Replace dialog. This has been corrected.
- Bug Fix: Harvest OAI Records: If the harvester.txt file isn’t present, an unrecoverable error occurs. This has been corrected.
- Bug Fix: MarcEditor Task List: When you have a lot of tasks, the list of available tasks may not refresh on first run. I believe I’ve corrected this.
- Enhancement: Build Links: Build links tool use to use the opensearch api in the id.loc.gov resolutionn. This was changed to be like the validate headings tool and provide more consistent linking.
- Enhancement: Preferences: Under File preferences, you can set the default drive for the information in the MARC Tools source and output textboxes.
- Enhancement: Build Links Tool – I’ve added profiles for a wide range of vocabularies being tested by the PCC Linked Data task force. These are available.
- Enhancement: Build Links Tool — Profiled services are found under a link.
- Enhancement: Build Links Tool — Task management options have been added for the new validate options.
- Enhancement: MarcEditor: Generate Cutters: LC cutter generation has been updated.
- Enhancement: MarcEditor: Generate Sanborn Cutters: Added function to generate Sanborn Table 3 Cutters.
This update will be posted 1/3/2016. I’ll be working to add a few YouTube videos to document new functions.