I’ve been working hard over the last month an a half trying to complete the process of porting functionality into the OSX version of MarcEdit. I’ve completed the vast majority of this work, in addition to bringing in a number of other changes. These changes will be made available as part of the 1/3/2016 update. The changes in this update will be as follows:
- Bug Fix: RDA Helper — 260/264 changes were sometimes not happening when running across specific 260$c formatting.
- Bug Fix: MARCValidator: Validator was crashing when records would go beyond 150,000 bytes. This has been corrected.
- Bug Fix: Build Links Tool — MESH headings were utilizing older syntax and occasionally missing values.
- Bug Fix: Validation Headings tool: When checking Automatically Correct variants, the embed URIs tool is automatically selected. This has been corrected.
- Bug Fix: Edit XML Functions: The modify option, the save button was turned on. This has been corrected.
- Enhancement: Build Links: Build links tool use to use the opensearch api in the id.loc.gov resolution. This was changed to be like the validate headings tool and provide more consistent linking.
- Enhancement: Most of MarcEdit’s preferences have been exposed.
- Enhancement: Build Links Tool – I’ve added profiles for a wide range of vocabularies being tested by the PCC Linked Data task force. These are available.
- Enhancement: Build Links Tool — Profiled services are found under a link.
- Enhancement: Build Links Tool — Task management options have been added for the new validate options.
- Enhancement: MarcEditor: Generate Cutters: LC cutter generation has been updated.
- Enhancement: MarcEditor: Generate Sanborn Cutters: Added function to generate Sanborn Table 3 Cutters.
- Enhancement: ILS Framework — MarcEdit’s ILS framework options were added.
- Enhancement: Koha Integration: Koha Integration options were added to the tool.
This doesn’t complete the function migration, but its close. These changes will be part of the 1/3/2016 update. I’ll be working to add a few YouTube videos to document new functions. Let me know if you have questions.