MarcEdit KBart Plugin
Last year, I had the opportunity to present at NASIG, and one of the questions that came up was related to the KBart format and if MarcEdit could generate it. I’ll be honest, I’d never heard of KBart and this was the first time it had come up. Well, fast forward a few months and I’ve heard the name a few more times, and since I’ll be making my way to NASIG again later this year to speak, I figured this time I’d come bearing new gifts. So, I spent about 20 minutes this evening wrapping up a kbart plugin. The interface is very basic:
And essentially has been designed to allow a user to take a MARC or MarcEdit mnemonic file and output a kbart file in either tab or comma delimited format.
Now, a couple of caveats — I still don’t really have a great idea of why folks want to create kbart files — this isn’t my area. But the documentation on the working group’s website was straightforward, so I believe that the files generated will be up to par. Though, I’m hoping that prior to NASIG, a few of the folks that may actually find something like this interesting may be willing to give it a spin and provide a little feedback.
Again, this will be available after the next update is posted so that I can allow it to take advantage of some of the new plugin management features being added to the tool.