MarcEdit Updates

By reeset / On / In MarcEdit

I’ve been working on a few updates the past couple weeks, the most time consuming of these being updates related to Alma.  Here’s the full list:

Windows/Linux:
SourceURL:http://marcedit.reeset.net/software/update.txt

6.2.501
* Enhancement: OpenRefine Import/Export Formatting Updates [tested on 2.7 rc 1 & 2]
* Enhancement: MarcEditor -- Right-to-Left and Left-to-Right language improvements when reading in the Editor [see: http://blog.reeset.net/?p=2103 for more info]


6.2.500
* Enhancement: ILS Integrations (Alma): Alma Holdings Editing is now available.
* Enhancement: Validator Updates - added some code to tighten the duplication reporting and added better responsiveness when running [i.e., statuses, etc.])
* Enhancement/Bug Fix: MarcEngine Updates: Specifically, in the XML space, I was running into some Chinese characters that were not being recognized as UTF8.  This can happen for characters on the fringes of a characterset or have alternative characters.  I made some edits that ensured that any character checking would fall through to a secondary process.  
* Enhancement: Task Management -- I cleaned up a few odds and ends to make managing a bit easier.  This includes exposing error messages when they popup, enabling multiple task deletion, etc.
* Enhancement: Task Management Preferences -- This came up where MarcEdit was having trouble identifying a file path as valid.  I'm going to check these paths as soon as they are selected and report if they are valid right away.  This way -- if there is a problem, you know right away.

MacOS:
SourceURL:http://marcedit.reeset.net/software/mac.txt

2.3.5
**************************************************
** 2.3.5
**************************************************
* Enhancement: ILS Integrations (Alma): Alma Holdings Editing is now available.
* Enhancement: Validator Updates - added some code to tighten the duplication reporting and added better responsiveness when running [i.e., statuses, etc.])
* Enhancement/Bug Fix: MarcEngine Updates: Specifically, in the XML space, I was running into some Chinese characters that were not being recognized as UTF8.  This can happen for characters on the fringes of a characterset or have alternative characters.  I made some edits that ensured that any character checking would fall through to a secondary process.  
* Enhancement: Task Management -- I cleaned up a few odds and ends to make managing a bit easier.  This includes exposing error messages when they popup, enabling multiple task deletion, etc.
* Enhancement: Task Management Preferences -- This came up where MarcEdit was having trouble identifying a file path as valid.  I'm going to check these paths as soon as they are selected and report if they are valid right away.  This way -- if there is a problem, you know right away.
* Enhancement: OpenRefine Import/Export Formatting Updates [tested on 2.7 rc 1 & 2]
* Enhancement: MarcEditor -- Right-to-Left and Left-to-Right language improvements when reading in the Editor [see: http://blog.reeset.net/?p=2103 for more info]

I believe that there will need to be a couple additional updates around the alma work — particularly when creating new holdings, as I’m not seeing the 001/004 pairs added to the records, but this is the start of that work.   Also, I did some work around right-to-left, left-to-right rendering when working with mixed languages.  See: http://blog.reeset.net/archives/2103

Questions, let me know.

–tr

 

One thought on “MarcEdit Updates

  1. I’ve posted a mid-day update to resolve issues folks with large page counts were having with the Editor hanging. This was directly related to the new RTL/LTR code. I made a change so that data process happens at the byte level, and this resolved the problem. Update build # is 6.2.502. If you have this version, this issue is corrected. If you have 6.2.501 — you’ll want to update.

    This affects the mac version as well – I’ll be updating this build later this afternoon.

    tr

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *