As noted this week – I’ve updated MarcEdit 6.3. The updates are as follows:
* Enhancement: Exact Match searching in the Extract, Delete Selected Records tool
* Enhancement: Exact Match searching in the Find/Replace Tool
* Enhancement: Work updates in the Linked data tool to support the new MAC proposal
* Update: Performance improvements in the editor for loading large files faster. This was planned for MarcEdit 7, but I decided to make the change so that the final versions that support XP include this work.
* Update: Context Search additions/improvements
* Bug Fixes including: API updates (streaming function for exporting tab delimited was throwing an error), merge update when using 022$a as a query index, etc.)
* Plugin-framework updates: This requires making a change to the Interfaces that allows plugins and marcedit to speak to each other. I’ll be updating all plugins as a result. Newer versions of MarcEdit will update your plugins automatically
* Accessibility changes (couple forms weren’t scaling correctly with large fonts, large resolutions – this has been corrected)
Please note *you must update any plugins* after this update. If you don’t update, you must *decline* the plugin updates when offered. I had to update the plugin framework, which includes the Interface host file. This should mean anything to anyone, but the gist is, I had to change an assembly signature so once the update happens, you will have to update your plugins. I believe I’ve updated all the plugins that are currently in use. If I’ve missed something, let me know.
Updates are available via the automatic updates or from http://marcedit.reeset.net/downloads
Questions, let me know.