Issues completed as part of the MarcEdit 7 weekly update Couple of things to highlight.
- * I’ve integrated a check and download of a Unicode Font into the Startup Wizard. This will enable users to retrieve and install the Noto Fonts set into a private fonts collection for use by the application.
- * Clustering tools are now available as a stand alone tool
- * New Translations
- * Lots of bug fixes
Thanks to all the folks that are downloading the alpha and trying it out. Most of the bug reports are directly related to user testing.
- Enhancement: All processes: Updated Temp file management
- Bug Fix: Plugin Manager failing because it’s missing a column for MarcEdit version (note, none of the current plugins will work with MarcEdit 7)
- Enhancement: Added new languages for Croatian, Estonian, Indonesian, Hungarian, and Vietnamese
- Enhancement: Offer download into private font collection the Noto fonts when no Unicode font is present. This will make the fonts *only* available for use with MarcEdit.
- When Editing a task list — could the list not refresh? This occurs when you have a theme defined.
- Bug Fix: Update all the Z39.50/SRU databases (specifically — the lc databases point to the old voyager endpoint that I believe is turned off)
- Bug Fix: Working with Saxon, XSLT transformations that link to files with spaces or special characters fail
- Bug Fix: Clustering Tool — selecting a top level cluster would include # of records in the cluster, not just the data to copy
- Enhancement: Clustering Tools — Add to the Main Window as a stand-alone tool
- Bug Fix: On install, the file types are not associated
- Enhancement: New Font’s dialog to support private fonts collections
- Bug Fix: Fonts not sticking when using the startup wizard
- Enhancement: Added Unicode Font download to help
- Bug Fix: Z39.50/SRU downloads were only downloading as .mrk formatted data, not as binary MARC. The Tool has been updated to select download type by extension.
- Enhancement: Updated the Icon a bit so that it’s not so transparent on the desktop.
Finally, I recorded and uploaded a video demonstrating the new startup wizard options related to the unicode fonts. Please see: https://youtu.be/7GWZ_UDUf00
The download can be retrieved from the MarcEdit 7 alpha/beta downloads page: http://marcedit.reeset.net/marcedit-7-alphabeta-downloads-page
Questions, let me know.