MarcEdit 5.0 Update

By reeset / On / In MarcEdit

I made a few updates over the weekend — though the are mostly fixing a few things:

  1. Delimited Text Translator:  The generated 008 field was too long.  The date information wasn’t being truncated correctly.
  2. UTF-8 => Marc8 translation:  I finally setup the translation to support the Greek and Greek Symbols as noted by the LC website:  http://lcweb2.loc.gov/cocoon/codetables/2.html
  3. MarcEditor — Add/Delete Field:  Modified the field to include a new option to allow fields to be inserted last.  This will allow fields to be inserted out of order.  I also modified the tool so that non-numeric data can be batch added.  These fields will always be added last.
  4. MarcEditor — Edit Subfield Data:  Added a wildcard character for subfields (*) — this way you can modify all 1xx fields by simply using 1**. 
  5. MarcEditor — Edit Subfield Data:  Allowed users to modify non-numeric data using this field.
  6. Batch Break Process:  When processing an XML file to a MARC file — I found that a file was being dropped during the batch process.  This has been corrected.

As usual, the file can be downloaded from: MarcEdit50_Setup.exe

–TR