I won’t be posting these till tomorrow or Sunday, but here’s what’s coming:
- Script Maker: Script maker will now support the generation of PERL scripts. I’ve added the code to the interpreter and now its generating PERL scripts. I need to test them. Very likely, I’ll be fixing a few problems with them once I make this available (I’m not a particular fan of PERL, so it doesn’t just come to me), but that will be OK. I figure once folks get a chance to start trying this out and generating some scripts — I’ll get a bit of useful feedback.
- MarcEngine — As noted in an earlier post (http://blog.reeset.net/archives/289), I made a change to how regular expressions are treat in the MarcEngine. This has made the COM component much more responsive and in sync with the rest of the application.
- MarcEditor changes:
- Modification to the Swap fields function: Made the function more like 4.6.
- Modification to the Edit Subfield function: Enhanced the conditional subfield insertion functionality.
- Added an additional check when closing the file to make sure that all changes done in a session create a prompt when exiting the application.
- Added a close button to the file menu. This will close the current document while keeping the editor open.
In the below example, only the subfield a and subfield z will be validated.
020 R INTERNATIONAL STANDARD BOOK NUMBER
valida [^0-9x] Valid Characters
validz [^0-9x] Valid Characters
ind1 blank Undefined
ind2 blank Undefined
a NR International Standard Book Number
c NR Terms of availability
z R Canceled/invalid ISBN
6 NR Linkage
8 R Field link and sequence number
Anyway, I have to test the PERL changes a bit more before putting them out in the wild — but expect to see them late Saturday, early Sunday.