I’ve posted a new update to MarcEdit 5. The update includes the following changes:
- Added a Sort by Title to the MarcEditor and rearranged the sort commands
I’d been asked by a few folks to add the ability to sort a results set by title — this new function allows that. To make this work, I’ve had to include a new option in the Program options. On the “Other” tab, I added a tag for title. This was done so that users not working with MARC21 can set the appropriate title tag.
The value must always include a 3 digit tag + subfield in the following format: 245$a. The program will utilize the filing characters when sorting the title. This isn’t the fastest function in the world since the program has to maintained a linked list between the sorted title and metadata — but for files around 20 MB and smaller — this should work fine.
- Added title sorting to the Selected MARC records and Delete Selected MARC records. This will allow title sorting here as well.
- MARCJoin — stupid error — if the file was left empty, it would throw an error.
- Swap Field Function — Updated swap field function to allow for wildcards.
- Work on the delimited text wizard
- Various bug fixes with the UI.
The program can be downloaded from: MarcEdit50_Setup.exe