MarcEdit 5.0 Beta Refreshed (Nov. 13, 2005)

By reeset / On / In MarcEdit

I’ve posted a revision to the MarcEdit 5.0 beta. (Download here. New stuff — the Z39.50/SRU client has been completed. Also, I’ve made some changes to the global MarcEditor functions to provide deduping and better swapping functionality. Also, for those interested in knowing — I downloaded .NET 2.0 to test on a machine and can report that it corrects an issue with one of the .NET components that I’d been seeing in the RichTextBox component. This component is used in the MarcEditor and would crash when loading files over 125 MB. It was a known bug in the .NET 1.1 framework and something that has been corrected in the 2.0 version.

On an unrelated note, I’m going to be completing a lot of stuff over the week of thanksgiving (I’m taking it off to work just on the help docs and setting up the language files to reflect changes to the program) so I’ll try to provide uploads as I complete new stuff — but for sure — I’ll be uploading a refreshed build with enhanced documentation (crossing my fingers) after the holidays.

–Terry