Lots of updates. Of note:
- Inclusion of a plug-in manager
- Necessitated the inclusion of Zip functionality (thanks to the SharpDevelop project [http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SD/])
- AppDomain manager (for loading and unloading code)
- Fixed Preview file error: Follow the code execution patches, windows has changed the format in which file names are passed to applications. This corrects the problems introduced by this change.
- Fixed Delimited Text Translator: Essentially, I re-wrote the parse functions to provide better delimited text support.
- Lots of bug fixes.
BTW, I’ll be putting up a version of mantis (or something else) to provide easier bug tracking. This way, I can point folks to my tracking system (which currently is just an access database that I use to track tickets).
The big change is obviously the Plug-in manager/functionality. The program now supports the ability for folks to create code modules that can interact with MarcEdit. I have ideas for two new plug-ins — one relating to the Z39.50 client and one being a Dspace plug-in to help me with spidering and packaging HTML/sites for inclusion into Dspace. Like the OCLC Plug-in, I’ll post the source files of each plug-in as I complete them.
The source code for the OCLC Plug-in can be found at: OCLC_Plugin.zip. [update: One quick note about this particular plug-in. I didn’t get any documentation or help from OCLC, so while I’m confident enough that this works to put it out there for folks to try if they like — please make sure that you make a backup of your Connexion file before processing. Without the database schema, much of what I know about the Connexion database structure was through examination, and trial and error. ]
Updates for MarcEdit can be found at: MarcEdit51_Setup.exe.
If you need info on some of the update changes, see: