MarcEdit 5.0 Beta bug fix

By reeset / On / In MarcEdit, Programming

I found an interesting little bug in the MARCEngine that occurs only when using the MARC=>UTF8 component when converting data into XML in Arabic. Its been corrected and reuploaded. One other interesting note…while testing my recent updates to the MarcEditor (improving large file loading), I found that when openning files with a mix of Arabic causes the Editor to open more slowly. Its odd — but I’ve done some looking in the MSDN documentation and I found that this is somewhat expected. I’m going to continue working on ways to speed up loading in the Editor — I’m also go to create a new editor mode (a preview mode) so that only a snapshot of the file is loaded. I’ve found when I’m working with large files, its often very unlikely that I need to actually see the entire file — rather, I only need to see maybe the first 1 mb to see what type of changes I need to make. This essentially would allow the editor to work with files of any size (even larger than the 2 GB paging limit). I just need to figure out how to make it work so that it integrates with the current MarcEditor framework. I’m going to see what I can do with this over the weekend.

The download is found at: MarcEdit50_Setup.exe

–Terry