MarcEdit 5.0 Update

By reeset / On / In MarcEdit

I’ve posted an update — its a small update (blame the holidays), but includes a couple of things that will help new installations.

Changes:
1) I’ve added code to the Setup Program that will check for the .NET Framework 1.1 and the MDAC 2.7 components. Each of which are required for MarcEdit to run correctly. If for some reason you are seeing error messages or not able to install the program an you have the .NET 1.1+ or MDAC 2.7 components, let me know. I did a bit of testing on systems lacking both and everything seemed to go smoothly, but you can never know once you put something out in broader distribution.
2) I’ve put a function back into the Z39.50 client. When you ran the Z39.50 client in batch mode, the program use to provide list of non-successful items that could then be reused in subsequent searches. In 5.0, I’d modified the output so that it was very different and really unusable for this purpose without some editing. Well, I brought it back. In the results panel that you get after running a back update, the program will also include the location to a file that contains items that were not located.

As always, the download can be found at: MarcEdit50_Setup.exe

–Terry