I’ve been busy this week working on a few more updates. This week, I was able to squash a couple of bugs, fix a few UI issues and add a couple of enhancements. Here’s the highlights of what’s been corrected:
- MARCEngine: When converting to UTF-8 using the MarcMaker – the leader byte indicating that data is UTF8 is now being set.
- MARCEngine: If you break a file and convert to UTF8 and then Make the file, and convert the file to UTF8, the diacritics would get mangled. When you perform this process in MarcEdit, you only have to do it one (so break – then don’t do it again, or make and don’t do it again – because MarcEdit will always treat that file as UTF8). However, many people check the box twice and this was causing a problem. This has been corrected.
- Task Editor – When attempting to edit a delete field task, it will raise an error message. This has been corrected.
- MarcEditor Tools Menu – Defined Tasks: If you opened the Manage Task , then close it – the Editor will duplicate the defined tasks. This has been corrected.
- Help button in the Edit Subfield tool when editing control fields has been linked.
- MARC Spy link has been added (under the MARC Tools FAQ)
- Task Manager and Edit windows have been configured to be resizable.
- Swap Field Function has been added to the Task Automation tool.
- Windows Character Map has been linked to the MarcEditor – under the Edit Menu Item.
These are the highlights. As always – if you have questions, comments or suggestions for enhancements, let me know.
For those of you running a current version of MarcEdit, your program should prompt you to update the next time you start the program. Otherwise, you can download the updates from:
· Windows Installer: MarcEdit_Setup.msi
· Zip File: marcedit.zip