MarcEdit 5.0 components updates

By reeset / On / In MarcEdit

New updates already…I was playing with MarcEdit this afternoon and run into a couple of small bugs that I squashed this afternoon.  I made the following changes:

  1. MarcEditor Printing:  Oops, I made a change last night and broke the MarcEditor printing.  To make is so that the program could print fonts correctly, I’d modified the print code which made it so that blank lines stopped printing.  Well, that’s been corrected.
  2. MarcValidator — Another oops.  When records have an 880, the program crashes because I didn’t define indicators.  Well, I shouldn’t have to (that’s how the program was defined) for checking — everything is suppose to be customizable, so I corrected the program so that this won’t be a problem any longer.
  3. MarcEditor — in preview mode, if you try to compile the program, it will throw an error because the file pointer wasn’t being freed.  This has been corrected.

Finally, I think I’m going to remove the Beta tag from the program at the end of this month if I finish the last pass of Help documentation that I have planned.  It won’t complete the help, but the program isn’t really a “beta” program any longer and I’d like to start seeing folks migrate away from the 4.6 version if possible simply because most questions that get asked regarding functionality is generally in the 5.0 version at this time. 

As always, the new update is at: MarcEdit50_Setup.exe

–Terry