MarcEdit 5.0 Update

I’ve posted an update — its a small update (blame the holidays), but includes a couple of things that will help new installations. Changes: 1) I’ve added code to the Setup Program that will check for the .NET Framework 1.1 and the MDAC 2.7 components. Each of which are required for MarcEdit to run correctly.… Read more

MarcEdit 5.0 and RSS

I’ll be posting an update message shortly, but I thought I’d mention a new feature that I just added to MarcEdit 5.0. One of the things that I’ve been trying to do is figure out how to get more information to the MarcEdit users — particularly information regarding updates, tutorials, etc. Well, since I’ve started… Read more

MarcEdit and URLs

One of the new features in MarcEdit 5.0 is the ability to verify URLs for data within specific fields, or every field within a group of MARC records. Its actually a pretty cool little feature. Essentially, one access the function by selecting Add-ins/Verify URLs from the Main Window. When selected, you will see the following… Read more

MarcEdit 5.0 and MARC Proposal #2006-04

At Midwinter this year, MARBI will be discussing MARC Proposal #2006-04. This proposal deals with the mapping of Unicode characters back to the MARC-8 characterset. The proposal lays out a number of options, settling on the recommendation that systems doing character remapping should utilize a placeholder character for Unicode characters not in the MARC8 characterset.… Read more

Code4Lib 2006

Well, I finally registered for the Code4Lib hackfest that will be going on in Corvallis, OR this February. It sounds like much fun. If it sounds like something that might interest you, you should check it out. –Terry

Kenny’s Christmas Play

Our church, the Monmouth-Independence Calvary Chapel, had its annual children’s Christmas play. This is the second year that Kenny has been a part of it. The kids are always really cute and Nathan even had a good time. He loves Christmas music and was jamming along in my lap. Kenny is the shepard in the… Read more