What a cookie :)

Well, another year, another great monster cookie ride. The Salem Bike club does such a frantastic job of putting this ride on. The volunteers make sure that that the oranges, bananas, and peanut butter stays flowing and the then course itself is gorgous. Its a mostly flat course that takes you past lots of farm… Read more

And so the cycling season begins….

Whoo!  The summer cycling season for me is starting up.  Its 7 AM, about 45 degrees outside…sunny and I’m getting ready to head out the door to ride in the Salem Bike Club’s Monster Cookie event.  This is a really cool metric century ride that goes through the Oregon Wine country.  Its a well done event… Read more

MarcEdit Update

A small update.  This cleans the installation, optimizes some of the MARC Editing tools in the MarcEditor (particularly the subfield edit utility) and updates the Extract and Delete selected records utility so users can do multiple queries while retaining their last set of checked items. Also, I’ve updated some help information.  As always, the program… Read more

I’m back

So I’m back. I’ve been gone for the better half of 5 days, having gone to relax, fish, do a little crabbing and spend time with my family. Here are some pictures. This first picture is of Kenny fishing. I took him down to the docks at 10 mile Lake in Lakeside, OR to see… Read more

LibraryFind (metasearch update)

Its been a little bit since I updated folks on our metasearch development.  I’m including a current screenshot that shows the current look with a new function — inline OpenURL resolution.  As users scroll over the Find in library link, they see the openURL items show up directly in their window. So what’s been worked… Read more

MarcEdit 5.0 update

Alrighty — I’ve posted a new update to MarcEdit 5.0.  And for those wondering — I’m going to be moving the version number to 5.1 by ALA and out of beta the program will come.  At this point, we are no longer finding problems in the application — the only holdup has been documentation creation… Read more