MarcEdit Update

I’ve made a few tweaks to the classification service.  The big update was a bug fix that was fields proceeding the inserted classification to be deleted.  Obviously, that’s a problem.  This has been corrected.  Additionally, I’ve added an option to remove using the subfield z (in the 035, 776, 020 and 022) as part of… Read more

MarcEdit Update

Posted a MarcEdit update that includes the Batch Classification service.  This service utilizes OCLC’s Classify API to generate call numbers for records.  I originally noted the work on this tool while I was at code4lib here.  The original tool was pretty simple – it was created to examine a record, extract a control number, and… Read more

OCLC’s Classify in C#

During Code4Lib, I spent a little time playing with OCLC’s Classify service (http://oclc.org/developer/services/classify).  I’ve been working on adding a couple of functions into MarcEdit that will allow folks to leverage some of the OCLC web services.   Using OCLC’s Classify, I’ve been working on an experimental tool that would allow you to do batch classification of… Read more

MarcEdit Update

Update was posted Feb. 7th.  Here’s what’s being worked on: MarcEditor changes, specifically: When saving .mrk files, the change in the Edit control from the textbox to a custom control shifted the newline character from the system default (on windows \r\n) to simply using a carriage return (\r).  This will be corrected so that it… Read more